Christmas is just around the corner, and that means holiday baking. This year, we are in a baking frenzy, and these Peanut Butter Blossoms are the easiest recipe I have made yet. Best of all, these cookies are ready in about 30 minutes – from start to finish! Plus, learn how to freeze the cookie dough to bake later!
This post was originally from last year and I share it because our Elf On The Shelf left us a note , with a cookbook open to a recipe, telling us that he wanted some cookies. So, we made some Peanut Butter Blossoms! I love how easy this recipe is to make, and how quickly it came together.
We rolled our cookies in a combination of granulated sugar and nonpaeril sprinkles to make them look a little more festive, but just plain granulated sugar works, too. Maybe some fun sparkly, sanding sugar mixed in with the granulated, would be fun, too!
Making these cookies is super easy. Start by creaming together the butter, sugars, egg, peanut butter and vanilla. Then stir in the dry ingredients. Roll the dough into 1″ balls. Toss those cookie dough balls in some granulated sugar, and then bake them in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. Once they are done, put a Hershey’s Kiss in the middle of each one, and let them cool.
How To Make Peanut Butter Blossoms
Gather Equipment & Ingredients
Here’s what you need. Scroll down to the bottom for the full recipe, and measurements.
Equipment: stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment or large bowl and hand mixer, sheet pan, parchment paper (optional) and a small bowl or pie plate.
Ingredients: flour, sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs, peanut butter, vanilla, Hershey’s kisses, sprinkles (if using), baking soda, and baking powder.
Preheat The Oven
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line two baking sheets with parchment.
Prepare Cookie Dough
Start by creaming sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, peanut butter, butter and egg until light and fluffy – about 3 minutes.
In a small bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir into peanut butter mixture with a spatula until combined.
Shape dough into 1″ balls.
Add sugar to a small pie plate or bowl, and stir in sprinkles, if using. Roll cookie dough balls in sugar mixture until coated.
Place cookie dough balls 2″ apart on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. While cookies are baking, unwrap Hershey Kisses.
Remove from oven and immediately press 1 Hershey Kiss into the center of each cookie. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Carefully move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
How To Freeze Cookie Dough
Prepare cookie dough according to recipe directions. Place cookie dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment, being sure that the balls don’t touch. It’s okay if they are close, just make sure they don’t touch each other. Freeze overnight or until completely frozen. Transfer frozen cookie dough balls to a labeled ziplock bag or tupperware container.
To cook from frozen, preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment. Add an additional 2-3 minutes baking time.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Hershey's Kisses
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- Hershey's Kisses
For Rolling Cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- sanding sugar ot non-pareil sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with whisk attachment, cream sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, peanut butter, butter and egg until light and fluffy - about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir into peanut butter mixture with a spatula until combined.
- Shape dough into 1" balls.
- Add sugar to a small pie plate or bowl, and stir in sprinkles, if using. Roll cookie dough balls in sugar mixture until coated.
- Place cookie dough balls 2" apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. While cookies are baking, unwrap Hershey Kisses.
- Remove from oven and immediately press 1 Hershey Kiss into the center of each cookie. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Carefully move to a wire rack to finish cooling.